[pianotech] capstain/wippen angle, was: key position at rest

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 15 22:23:05 PDT 2009

I took Chris Robinson's class a long time ago and not much is retained...I remember 2 intersecting circles which turned into gears.   I remember his point was the careful engineering Steinway had built into their older pianos.   The angled capstan...he made a point about the lack of wear on action parts because good engineering...someone needs to go to the horse's mouth...Chris.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044