[pianotech] capstain/wippen angle, was: key position at rest

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 03:06:41 PDT 2009

Why wouldn't you want the minimum friction to occur the slowest rising rate
of the key, the beginning of the stroke?  The momemtum of the key will
compensate for increasing friction later in the stroke.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

     I think we want the minimum friction to occur at the moment of fastest
motion of the key, and the rising rate produces this.  If the ratio "falls
off" during the last half of the stroke, it is working against acceleration
of the action by the key, which means a fall-off of acceleration relative to
the speed of the key.

regards,

Ed Foote RPT

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=htt