[pianotech] OT: Perfect pitch and temperaments

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Tue Mar 17 06:37:56 PDT 2009

Julia, to answer your question..I believe the ear does get accustomed to
what it is use to hearing..as in Beethoven's time.

Shawn - I have 'perfect pitch' and this is a road we've down many times
before here. I don't like the term either, and it is not necessaritly
the ability to detect 440 or 441. That to my ear is phenominal hearing.
I can tell you that in the last year I took a test being offered by a
University Of California college. I forget witch one..50+ questions, and
I got 100%. It dealt with pitch and speed to answer the question.

I use Tunic almost exclusively to tune with now.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)