[pianotech] Perfect Pitch and Temperaments

Allan allan at sutton.net
Tue Mar 17 11:25:43 PDT 2009

Why say that?

Wikipedia returns: Absolute pitch (AP), or perfect pitch, is the ability to
name or reproduce a tone without reference to an external standard.[1]

Follows a very in depth exposé about perfect pitch, maybe that would answer
your questions.

We are NOT left without "no definition".

I don't have perfect pitch, I wish I had. My son has it and he was very
fortunate to have very solid ear training where the "perfect pitched" were
grouped together and given a special program to take this ability into
consideration, not letting them go lazy with it, and provide them with the
obligation to develop nevertheless a good "relative" way of hearing the
relationships ("relative pitch"). (Extraordinary teacher Luce Beaudet at
Université de Montréal)

Regards,

Allan