[pianotech] Polyester Finishing

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:11:16 PDT 2009

>Are the bar compounds really that different?

I think the bar compounds cut faster and provide a superior end result. Every factory I've been to uses them.  If you're doing poly repair on a regular basis and want to attain that "factory fresh look", it's well worth the investment. If you go that route, wear a good respirator, eye protection, long sleeved shirt, and a hat because of the dust factor. I find the dust easier to deal with than the paste splatters. When finishing with the #5, a little bit goes a long way and minimizes splatters.

Michael Spreeman
http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com