[pianotech] Donating tunings and tax deductions

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Wed Mar 18 20:42:28 PDT 2009

Sender: BobDavis88 at aol.com
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Donating tunings and tax deductions

In-kind gifts are gifts of materials and property to qualified organizations
(like non-profits). They are deductible, but services are not. IRS Publ. 526,
p. 6:

"You cannot deduct as a charitable contribution:
    4. The value of your time or services,
..."

Bob Davis

Wow.  Sounds like this comes straight from the horse's mouth, and makes me
look like a horse's.. well.  I'll forward this to my accountant and see what
she has to say about that!  thanks for the heads up.

John Dorr
Helena, MT