[pianotech] baldwin sf cracked bridges

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri Mar 20 14:04:27 PDT 2009

Don't know which "one" you're referring to. This one usually does cap these
bridges unless this one is also replacing the soundboard. Then this one makes a
whole new bridge with a few scale changes. And a cap.

To cap these bridges simply remove the thickness of your cap through at least
the top section using a small trim router mounted on a bridge. Unless you pull
the plate you can't get at the whole area so clean it up with a chisel. Plug
what's left of the original bridge pin holes and cap as per normal practice.

ddf