[pianotech] baldwin sf cracked bridges

Daniel Carlton carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 20 14:44:57 PDT 2009

hi del

you're right. i was getting my information mixed up. i remember
reading one of your posts from the 90's i think, in the archive, about
these bridges. i remember you saying the laminated material was very
difficult to notch by hand, but i guess were talking solid cap material?

it's been nine years since i recapped a bridge at NBSS, and my notes
are sketchy. i've never done this in a piano with plate in place. i
remember "cupping" the bottom surface of the cap material slightly,
but i don't remember exactly how we cupped it.
we used locator holes to locate the exact position of the cap on the
bridge. same procedure here i assume? glue and screw...

Daniel Carlton

This message was NOT sent from my iPhone, because I don't have one