[pianotech] Muffler rail screws

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:23:39 PDT 2009

I think they are a great feature. When I had my Fandrich & Sons upright
piano I used it frequently. It gives piano owners and players more
opportunities to practice. There are times when one might think "maybe I'll
practice a little, but...I don't really want to bother the other people in
my home right now so I'll practice later." Additionally they help develop
finger muscles by encouraging the player to play exercises at fff level yet
with only a mp sound. It also saves a little wear and tear on the hammers
and quite possibly the tuning as well.

I'm planning on ordering the new practice mute for the grand piano being
sold by Steven James:

http://www.grandpianomuffler.com/Site/Grand_Piano_Muffler.html

Ever since I "upgraded" to a full grand I find I haven't been practicing as
much! Sometimes I really miss my Fandrich & Sons...sigh. Still, I'm really
loving my 1912 Steinway O![?]

BTW...Hi Dave![?]

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT