[pianotech] Perfect Pitch / Children

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Mar 21 13:49:41 PDT 2009

Veering off topic of "perfect pitch" a bit, but Paul's comments reminded me of being asked by a customer (a fine pianist) to tune the piano in a children's pre-school place where she worked. She had to rush off to another appointment for twenty minutes and left me there to check it out/tune it. I found that it was too old and done to be worth even attempting to tune, so I finished the coffee she'd told me to make, and awaited her return. She immediately sat at the piano, played it a bit and said "Oh! WHAT an improvement!".

David.