[pianotech] Fixing stripped screws

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Mar 24 15:40:54 PDT 2009

Likewise this may be old news/non-news... but I regularly do the following:

When removing wood-screwed-on case parts which need to be removed for each
tuning, I find that the threads are not necessarily stripped yet, but they
are loose and would probably strip if I tried to torque the screws down more
than necessary. I just dribble a few drops of thin CA in the hole(s) when I
remove the case part, go on to tune the piano, then it's nice 'n tight when
I'm ready to put it all back together.

I will have to try Rob's method next time I would ordinarily be using
toothpicks, however... Thanks!

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN