[pianotech] Increasing bridge height

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 25 10:12:43 PDT 2009

> Jon Page wrote:
  >> I thought not addressing an even string height
>> was to maintain the front duplex spec measurements/angle.

Sorry, I misread this. If you mean that Steinway so typically
makes the sets the plate low in the treble and planes the
bridge down to match so as to maintain the angle, I have no
idea. If so, it didn't work well enough to keep the things
from whistling, wailing, and jangling. So why are they like this?

Probably, it's the casters.
Ron N