[pianotech] new Faulk lever -- compare with Fujan?

PianoCare2 pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 26 01:29:51 PDT 2009

I had the opportunity to try out a Fujan lever today as well as a Faulk
titanium. My colleague has both
. I think he is just as mad as me

.

I didn’t like the look of the length of the Fujan, so I tried out the Faulk
first
. Length good (for me)
 handle too thick for me
. Don’t like the 15
degree angle

 so not for me
. Too used to 5 degrees

My colleague told me that I would need to tune at least three pianos to get
used to the Fujan, but after 3 tuning pins, I was hooked! I could control
the pin so much better. The lever is the shorter shaft, with 5 degrees, with
the 5/8 tip extension and the rosewood “knob” It is also armed with a
Watanabe #2 tip. I thought that the knob would drive me crazy as well as the
length, but got used to it quite quickly. I found I could move the pin in
extremely small amounts, when previously I had preferred a shorter lever.
The only criticism is that I had to stand up to tune the high treble in a
grand as I couldn’t reach that far.

Now the difficult part
. $ 355.00 in US dollars
. Equals about $ 545.00 in
Australian dollars (THANK YOU to the providers of the global recession and
the mark down of the aussie dollar) and then I need to pay postage
 probably
another $50-60.. Air mail is 5 days, surface
. Don’t want to know

.  And I
will need another lever bag to fit

That’s all, so it still comes down to what suits the user
 I’m glad I had
the opportunity to try out these two levers
. Now I don’t like my Jahn

My Missus would go bonkers if I spent all that money for a dust
collector

.

Regards

Brian Wilson