[pianotech] Disklavier help

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Mar 26 04:17:10 PDT 2009

On 3/26/09, ChicagoTuner at aol.com <ChicagoTuner at aol.com> wrote:
> Conrad,
>             As  best as I can remember, yes, you should pursue 'normal'
> specs
> for reg. The  biggest exception is the letoff on the silent players. Those
> pianos should have  a plaque showing the proper letoff for that model. The
> Disks
> I used to see, at a  dealer that is now gone, were pretty neat out of the
> factory. That one sounds  rather messed up.
> Michael
> Chicago

I had an AHA!  moment this morning as I started to dive into the
thing.  I took off all the case parts to get at spoon and capstan
regulating and found that everything was fine!

Hmmm, things is getting curiouser.

I turned on the unit and saw the hammer rebound rail move.

The Disklavier volume was turned way down!   Turned it up and
everything returned to normal.

There's a reason I don't play with electronics...;-[

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT
Luther College