[pianotech] Kimball action bracket screws/side note

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Mar 26 15:42:10 PDT 2009

It's too bad that Nebraska has lost the Vise-Grip plant, where they've
always been made.  Be aware of really cheap crap from China in the future!
I'm sure some on the shelf are still "really" Vise-Grips, but they will
soon get less than the quality we've all been used to.  A SAD day, once
again!

Paul

reggaepass at aol.com
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
03/26/2009 05:37 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] Kimball action bracket screws

Hi Chuck,

If the screws you are looking at are anything like some of the
hermaphrodites I have encountered on Kimball studio uprights, once the
dust has cleared, the tool of choice will be vise-grips :) (and
replacement with new, more driver-compatible screws).

Cheers,

Alan Eder