[pianotech] Strange Green Powder

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 13:29:53 PDT 2009

I suspect this is Paris Green (copper acetoarsenite). Common, Nasty.  See
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_green_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_green)

Bob Davis

In a message dated 3/28/2009 8:44:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
davidskolnik at optonline.net writes:

My dear  Southern Brothers -

Would anyone from Florida or Louisiana (or other)  have any idea of
the origin of an unusual lime-ish green powder that seems  to have
been distributed over the hammers and dampers of a Baldwin  Acrosonic
that I looked at yesterday?  The piano lived, previously in  the those
states.  It does not seem to relate to any copper oxidation  (the
strings are fine), nor to any abraided felts (there is nothing else
of that color).  Could it have been some bug or mildew
treatment?  I'd like to know, before I try tasting it.   Thanks

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson,  NY