[pianotech] Demonstrating the Zapper

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:06:44 PDT 2009

I don't think anyone here has suggested it as a "solution for all your
problems". Although at high enough voltage and applied to the correct places
you might be able to simulate certain therapies performed in our nations
state hospitals.

This same thread is on pianoworld technicians forum. The issue of damage to
the birdseye has been touched on. After several experiments I'm convinced
that effect on the birdseye is negligible. Of course don't take MY word for
it - always best to try these things out yourself on your own piano, or on
that box 'o hammers and flanges that's hanging around the shop.

This is just one more tool that has its uses in the proper application.

By the way, if your mistaking ME for your girlfriend I feel REAL sorry for
your girlfriend!!

Respectfully submitted,

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT