[pianotech] Feurich of Germany

RON MAY, RPT ronmay_rpt at bellsouth.net
Fri May 1 14:10:46 PDT 2009

Has anyone out there ever had any experience with "Feurich of Germany" and their rebuild and/or total reconstruction of top end concert grands.

Their name has poped up as a possiblility for the total re-construction of a Hamburg-Steinway grand.  The thought is to ship the piano to Germany.

It is my understanding that the piano would be totally reconstructed with a Renner Action, new board, block, totally refinished.

All I along with several professional concert artists personally believe all is needed is new hammers and shanks and refinishing.

Thank you for your input.

Ron May