[pianotech] Feurich of Germany

PianoCare2 pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Sat May 2 14:02:30 PDT 2009

The Renner parts are still different from original Steinway (I am being
pedantic, but they are) and here is a line from the German catalogue..

Grand piano hammerheads 6KmUd GL82/72 20Bass Steinway&Sons, not available in
EU & NAFTA
Grand hammershanks "Steinway", not available in EU & NAFTA

I've never tried to order these.. it might be an interesting project, being
a concert use instrument, why not get the whole action. I have seen a new
action with wippens, with new hammers, and then the tech decided to save a
few dollars by using Renner sourced shanks. He got grilled by Hamburg big
time. Not as strict in the US?
Brian