[pianotech] catastrophic events

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Mon May 4 07:35:06 PDT 2009

Jon - Unfortunately, it's not always so simple. Being a retired teacher on
I.P.E.R.S. (our state public employee retirement program), I have found it
impossible find an insurance company willing to allow me to take out a
disability policy. It seems that my income has to be far enough over my
pension to warrant the need. Never mind that every cent of my pension is
paying health insurance for myself plus the monthly payments on equity loans
I took out in building my shop. Our financial consultant has reviewed
numerous policies available from different companies, without any luck. My
goal for the past several years has been to bump my yearly income up enough
to qualify in meeting their requirements.
If anyone on the list has a solution to this, or a company to recommend that
our adviser has not looked into, I'm sure I'm not the only one in this
boat.  Chuck