[pianotech] OT - cycling in Grand Rapids?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 4 09:23:47 PDT 2009

It looks like we have a few riders interested in going for a ride. Most who have responded indicate they will be bringing their own bikes. If there is anyone else besides me who would like to ride, but will not be able to bring their bicycle to Grand Rapids, I found a local bike shop that is willing to rent seemingly just about any type of bike. They indicated to me that they have several recumbents for me to choose from. I presume they would also have road bikes.

So, if anyone would like to rent a road bike while in Grand Rapids, you might want to try Tammi at:

Freewheeler Bike Shop
915 Leonard st nw
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616-451-8011 phone
616-451-9890 fax
freewheelerbikeshop at hotmail.com
http://www.freewheelerbikeshop.com/

Another thought I had was when could we go for a bike ride? Before the convention starts? When I go through the trouble of yanking my bicycle out from my shop I usually ride at least 40 miles, if not 60 or 70. That often takes the better part of a day. Last I heard they have classes all day at the convention.....  So when would we go biking? Maybe also I'm stuck on a summer-in-Florida biking schedule - start at 5:30 AM and finish before the sun broils your scalp off or melts your tires.....  Maybe not so bad up nearer the Arctic Circle?

Terry Farrell