[pianotech] Computers and brains (was Windows Vista- your comments?)

Daniel Carlton carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 4 14:02:34 PDT 2009

You know, even after giving the advice yesterday to get a Mac, I have
seriously thought about going to paper and pencil for running my
business. I can literally spend hours and lose entire nights of sleep
upgrading stuff, looking for better software, backing up, etc. It
might be better for my eyes, my wrists, and my head.

I stopped using a calculator for basic stuff a few years ago, and have
since started memorizing phone numbers instead of looking them up by
name on my cell phone. I also go straight to the phone book instead of
looking on the internet. One minute I'm looking up the phone number,
the next minute I'm reading a story titled "Hundreds practice laughter
yoga to mark World Laughter Day." What the hell?! It can be so
distracting.

Daniel Carlton