[pianotech] Perfect pitch

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue May 5 08:57:56 PDT 2009

Hi Allan -
While humor is perfectly acceptable, the subject is worthy of its
perennial nature, which is fascinating in and of itself, as are the
sometimes misguided attempts at discerning its essence.  The study
you refer to might ultimately produce some interesting information
but seems limited in scope.  A more thorough and on-going
investigation would seem to be here:
http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/index.php

It's probably one of a number of rigorous efforts.  On the other
hand, some people don't bother their little heads about nature vs. nurture:
http://www.aruffo.com/eartraining/
or
http://www.silvawood.co.uk/pitch-intro.htm

Thanks for sharing.