[pianotech] on call tuning rates

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 16:55:30 PDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

If this is for a recording, I would plan to stick around all the time they are working with the piano. You could come up with a day rate and just multiply by 10. The thing is, you better not plan to do any other work in that period. Murphy's law obliging, the minute you start another tuning, they'll be on the phone to you. I have a day rate of 450 $canadian plus expenses (meals that you'll have to take downtown etc).

If it's for concerts, you could offer them to see/check/tune the piano 3 times a day and let them know at what time you will be there. If they find this acceptable, then charge your normal tuning rate times 30.

Marcel Carey, RPT

Sherbrooke, QC