[pianotech] on call tuning rates

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:36:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Andrew Remillard <anrpiano at gmail.com> wrote:

I have never dealt with such a request and don't relish the idea of being on
> this person's beck and call for 10 whole days. Yet, if this is what they
> want I should charge accordingly.
>
> What kind of multiple of your going rate would you charge to be on call for
> 10 days? The venue is between 35 and 60 minutes away depending on traffic.

It does seem like a strange request. Are you certain they expect you to be
there all day for the entire 10 days? If so, you couldn't make your regular
daily income. It would seem a reasonable fee would be what you could make in
a normal working day.

> The artist is currently known as Prince.

Maybe he just wants your "extra time and your  ... kiss."  OK, at least the
extra time part.  :-)

--
JF