[pianotech] on call tuning rates

Andrew Remillard anrpiano at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:53:00 PDT 2009

List,

What a lot of help! Thank you all for helping me think through this
opportunity.

First a correction. Too often I attempt to multi-task.. usually to my
embarrassment. The artist in question is Sting not Prince.  Why can't these
people have normal names like Bob or Sue???

Here is a summary of what I proposed to the manager: Three levels of
service: 1) Technician on site for $1++ per hour, after 8 hours and weekends
+50%.  2) Technician on call. On call means they want first call on my time.
For that they have to pay. In any business transaction you have to
compensate a seller for taking their product off the market so that you have
the option of first refusal. So I am charging $2++ per day for just being on
call plus the normal tuning per hour fee and traveling expenses and time. 3)
The option I hope they take.. regularly scheduled tunings plus the option of
meeting with the artist to discuss and resolve any issues.

I think this approach allows the buyer of my time to create a product which
best meets their needs and I get well compensated for my efforts and time. I
will let you know how it all come out.

Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com
2211 Curtiss St.