[pianotech] Hammer Line Issue

pgmilkie at juno.com pgmilkie at juno.com
Thu May 7 08:07:22 MDT 2009

I can't say for sure, but I suspect that it was caused by moisture swelling the backrail felt.

Remove the keys in the section the hammer line is not resting on the hammer rail. Check the back rail it could have warped,  could have separated from the key bed and it is raising the hammers. I have seen this on a P22 Yamaha only three years old.

Glue and clamp

Paul Milkie