[pianotech] (no subject)

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sat May 9 09:31:21 MDT 2009

Welcome, Patrick!  Remember that Conrad sells flame suits...

Some of the downsides of leaving a piano "a fret low" (as a country
church pastor once said):
... the bass sounds terrible, like a slack rubber band, and has no
sustain.  Spinets especially sound a lot better at pitch.
... students hear a different sound than on their teacher's pianos,
where they are judged
... students learn the wrong pitches
... you can't play with other instruments

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
ABQ, NM
www.shusterpiano.com