[pianotech] String Guarantee Issues

Patrick Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 11:23:07 MDT 2009

Dean: For your information, and others, the string maker I used was Mapes. They huve  usually been a reliable source, and I surprised to find these strings going bad so quickly. Somebody must have had a bad day in the shop. I think, looking in retrospect, my mistake was to try to salvage the strings rather than immediatley return them. I gather that you switched to Arledge because of quality problems with other string makers - Mapes included?
Patrick