[pianotech] Hammer Line Issue

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sun May 10 19:31:46 MDT 2009

Can you not put the tension back on?

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com

--- On Mon, 5/11/09, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net> wrote:

From: David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hammer Line Issue
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Monday, May 11, 2009, 1:22 AM

About the only time I’ve been moved to weaken damper springs is when they are so strong that the touch when the damper pedal is not engaged has too much resistance.  That seems to happen a lot on some newer European uprights that I’ve encountered.  It does help the feel of the action but you do need to be careful not to take too much tension off.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com