[pianotech] Whippen storage

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:13:30 MDT 2009

Todd, If you do feel the need to carry wippens in your service vehicle,
those lunch meat containers (RubberMaid et al.) are your best bet. But, as
others have said, typically they are seldom needed in the field. A sample or
two could be helpful for show-and-tell to sell the customer on needed work.
For example, when trying to explain why a Baldwin action equipped with the
dreaded corfam buckskin-substitute, a nice wippen featuring supple escaine
will make the explanation easier. Similarly, showing what parts look and
feel like without moth damage, or frozen bushings, can be educational to the
customer, and their kids.Patrick Draine