[pianotech] HELP! (Please.) How do you adjust jacks on rocker caps in an old square???

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 17:43:50 MDT 2009

Thumpe is STUMPED!

Patient: early Stieff square.
Problem: too much lost motion, OR jacks not returning under knuckles due to too LITTLE lost motion. So I wish to adjust jack height under knuckles. Jacks on rocker caps.
Ultra-frustrating factor: the screws for the rocker caps are DIRECTLY under the hammer rail, and INACCESSIBLE,from any angle, with any tool I can conceive of!!!!!!!

( Monetary reward for best answer!!!!!!! )

Thumpe