[pianotech] (no subject)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 11 21:45:38 MDT 2009

See if I understand you. Are your saying that you go to Mrs. Pianosad's home to tune her piano that hasn't been tuned in 20 years and is 60 cents flat and you tune it in one pass and leave? I am likely not understanding you correctly - please advise.

Terry Farrell
  I haven't "asked" my customers if they wanted the pitch raised on their pianos for many years now. I just tune it to pitch and if it was bad enough, schedule a second tuning for a not very distant time to refine the pitch raise I did that day into a fine tuning. I do stop at some point during the tuning to explain what I am doing and how flat the piano was/is but I'm using that as an informing time not an asking time.
  When I was in sales we called this the assumptive close, you just began writing the order by asking the exact spelling of that last name or the address or some other specific.

  Michael Magness
  Magness Piano Service