[pianotech] Cheek Block removal question...

james dally wippen at embarqmail.com
Wed May 13 19:33:57 MDT 2009

Kimball baby grand:  could take out the rubber buttons on top but blocks wouldn't come out.  There was an unusual vertical nameboard that appeared to be put in just by pressure......  no pull knobs, etc.  Took a thin screwdriver' put in between the metal plate and the stretcher and the board came out easily; that gave access to the screws on the back of the cheekblocks.