[pianotech] counter bearing screen

JUDE REVELY juderev at verizon.net
Fri May 15 05:58:30 MDT 2009

David Hughes brought this up in his "Strings and Things" class at MARC. He doesn't know the purpose either but chooses to keep them. I always assumed they were meant to prevent any sliding that might occur during stringing or shifting from torquing the screws down. I keep them if I'm keeping those front bars, which is becoming less of a practice these days anyway.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545