[pianotech] Upright Tilter

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri May 15 11:50:38 MDT 2009

I have one of those.
Got it at Tuners Supply, in the late 70's.
The supplied clamps, are useless. One fell off, and I foolishly thought that
one would hold it.
Wrong.
The piano slipped off, and the tilter acted like a rake handle, and hit my
hand into my face. It broke my watch crystal, and I had 2 black eyes, and
needed rhynoplasti to fix my nose.
I used the straps for a while.
But now I am just careful.
I hold the piano, and tilt the tilter back. It grabs the bottom of the piano
and then I pull back. I reverse the procedure when raising it.
Never had a problem.
It takes one mishap to make you careful.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.