[pianotech] nomenclature

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri May 15 11:35:55 MDT 2009

As the semantics uh, discussions wind down on the caut list,
and looking at the Toon yer own piano text on the web side Jim
posted, I wonder. If technically inaccurate and misleading but
widely used nomenclature is defended so vigorously on a
technical list, why don't we call tuning pins pegs (or do
we?)? Pretty much everyone else out there does, and it's not
an inaccurate description. Just wondering.

Under every rock, another mystery.
Ron N