[pianotech] Otto Altenburg Piano - Maker

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat May 16 00:13:16 MDT 2009

Terry--

Never thought I would see that name again.  It is a stencil piano.  Altenburg is a piano dealer in New Jersey. Many, many years ago it was a competitor of the piano dealer my father sold pianos for.  I'm talking maybe 50 years.  The dealership may still exist though....

About 30 years ago, when we lived in Santa Cruz, CA, a traveling salesman came into our small store and tried to sell us a "Hofstetter Piano". As we laughed him out of the store, he tried desperately to convince us the name Hofstetter would look great on a piano--on a crappy asian piano.

Funny your customer even knows the name Boesendorfer--he obviously doesn't know much about pianos!

Diane

[pianotech] Otto Altenburg Piano - Maker
Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri May 15 14:35:41 MDT 2009