[pianotech] DamppChaser problem

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun May 17 15:31:06 MDT 2009

Hi Gevaert,

Don't use filter water. Just change the pads 4x per year, and train the
client to drain the system and start fresh every October.

The filtered water is a nice medium for spores to drop in and grow on the
pads. I've seen mould before--but never mushrooms.

At 10:48 PM 5/17/2009 +0200, you wrote:
>        Hi List,     I have a strange problem with a Dampp Chaser
>I’ve installed about one year ago.  The system is perfectly
>maintained (water from a filtering system, the Dampp Chaser product has
>always been added, new piano, new building with floor heat…)     Last
>week I ’ the system and was amazed to see big white mushrooms growing
>above the humidifier pads!     I asked the supplier what could be the
>problem and he said it’s the first time he encountered this.     Any
>ideas how to avoid this?     Thanks,     P Gevaert         No virus found
>in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com  Version: 8.5.329 /
>Virus Database: 270.12.32/2118 - Release Date: 05/16/09 17:05:00
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716