[pianotech] DamppChaser problem

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Tue May 19 18:37:49 MDT 2009

Pierre Gvaert wrote:

>I suppose I should also replace the rods? (I think it is aluminium under
the
>plastic protection layer)

The lastest box of damppchaser pads I received included a bag of disposable
plastic sleeves to slide over the humidifer rod.  I would imagine that if
these are in use, further damage to the existing rods would be unlikely, and
changing them would be unnecessary.

I've never seen these sleeves before.  It must be something new, unless they
were  in previous boxes of pads, and I simply overlooked them.

Floyd Gadd
Manitoba Chapter