[pianotech] Upright Action Geometry

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 04:55:43 MDT 2009

Floyd,

I am not shure if I understand your question correctly. The first that comes into my mind: measured from which point? I guess you are asking for something that refers to what we call in German "Stielschräge". I.e.: bring the hammer to the string and measure the distance from the upper point of the shank to the string and measure the distance of the lower point of the shank to the string. The difference between these two measures should be the thickness of the shank, usually 6 mm. This Stielschräge depends on the hammer bore angle and the position of the shank in the hammerbutt.

Gregor