[pianotech] Upright Tilter

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Thu May 21 13:36:40 MDT 2009

In message <4A0B109B.4050703 at piano.plus.com>, David Boyce
<David at piano.plus.com> writes
>I've finally bought an upright piano tilter, or Bench Truck as they're
>sometimes called in the UK, after promising myself for years.  Not many
>around - Heckschers had none, and Fletcher & Newman only one left.  It
>came today. Very nice and sturdy. I'm now gonna find a pretext to put
>every single customer's piano on its back......
>
>Best regards,
>
>David.

Be careful with Damon school pianos when tilting the extended back toes
can push the piano off the cradle The piano shoots off down the school
hall and the cradle get you big time   learnt that one the hard way 20
years ago  I got some webing only need it  on school pianos Other piano
to watch are pianolas the cradle can tilt back quite easy

You will fined it to be one of the best investment you have made you be
amazed  how many UK tuners don't do castors in schools or struggle  I
charge £280.00 to put on a set of safety castors in schools

Next piece of kit is a grand Jack a must when fitting A frames to grands
do a lot of them as well

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/