[pianotech] Steinway A Bass String Rescaling

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Fri May 22 04:16:38 MDT 2009

Hi Ron:

Is there a target breaking percentage you try to aim for when doing this
sort of rescaling?  How far up from the bottom are you decreasing the core
sizes and increasing the wrap?  Is there a core size to wrap size ratio that
you do not want to exceed?  Finally, since the tensions increase as well,
what limits do you want to respect?

Will