[pianotech] New Tool

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri May 22 11:33:18 MDT 2009

Balance Hole Easing Guide

This jig facilitates easing the balance hole with a tapered tool
and reaming the balance hole height.

The large brass platen depth is set as a stop for the tapered tool
to ease each key quickly and uniformly.

When reaming the hole for height, the platen is set flush with the surface.
When there has been an aggressive bevel cut into the bottom of the hole
the small screw is raised as a stop to maintain an appropriate height.

The large platen is a 1/4 x 20 brass machine screw. I placed it in my drill
press and while it was spinning, I ground it down with a belt sander. Then
cut slot in the end of the shank to adjust its height.
--

Regards,

Jon Page