[pianotech] Double loop German stringing

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri May 22 12:29:41 MDT 2009

I was taught that 4 or 5 wraps were good with not so long of a tail, but
at least 1/4". I make my loop with round-nosed pliers.

Paul

"Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
05/22/2009 01:27 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

"pianotech at ptg.org" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] Double loop German stringing

>From what I can see in the picture they look like single German loops.  I
just make a loop around a pin (usually a .146 balance rail pin laying
around the shop) and then holding the loop in some pliers I wrap the tail
around the string.  I usually make more than the two wraps I see in your
picture, but that's me.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu