[pianotech] Unusual Key Material

Blaine Hebert brhebert at verizon.net
Sat May 23 23:54:06 MDT 2009

Techs,

I have a nice Steinway grand with a single, badly cracked C 40.  This
piano is covered by an unusual Plexiglass type plastic that has a slight
transparency and is hard to match.  The color is white with a slight
gray cast; you can see a shadow of the key edge through the key lip.

I am searching for replacement material or a used C.  Would anyone have
anything similar or have a referral to someone who might?

Blaine Hebert