[pianotech] Steinway A Bass String Rescaling

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue May 26 10:35:45 MDT 2009

JUDE REVELY wrote:
> As for inharmonicity, while it is my belief that there will be future
> improvements to this formula; for now it is still worthwhile that we
> continue to examine it rather than discard it altogether.

I don't recall anyone suggesting discarding it altogether.
When did that happen? I believe it would be worthwhile to
discontinue the practice of welding strings to tuning pins
too, should that have been proposed.

  > I'll see if I can find out more about the scale of the
"zero inharm bass
> strings" before invoking it again; but let's face it, it's better to get
> this stuff out into the light rather than suppressing it altogether.

Suppressing it? I seem to have missed something else. I've
heard it discussed, and accepted without question, quite a bit
for something lacking substantiation and clarification. While
it's not surprising, that's hardly suppression.

Attempting to make sense,
Ron N