[pianotech] silent system

Roy roy.peters at mindspring.com
Tue May 26 20:41:55 MDT 2009

Hi Stephane:
As far as I know, there are two systems commonly available.  One is the Pianodisc Quietime, and the other is the QRS PNOscan.  The Pianodisc system is a TFT film strip. It has little plastic fingers which touch the bottom of the key and flex. The PNOscan is an optical scan unit, so nothing touchs the keystick.  The Pianodisc units work fine. I've done a couple.  I installed alot of the older Gubransan KB1 units with Baldwin Concertmasters, but these aren't available now. They were replaced with PNOscan, which I haven't used yet.

A couple links:
http://www.midi9.com/
http://www.pianodisc.com/products/details.aspx?id=63784

Good luck,