[pianotech] VS Profelt for loose centres?

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed May 27 04:19:19 MDT 2009

I was just musing last night, as one does in odd moments, whether VS
Profelt might be any use at all for loose centres. I wonder if anyone's
tried it for that?

It's been discussed on here how it's only good for *compressed* and not
for *worn away* bushings,  so maybe not. But might it have some useful
effect, lasting for a reasonable time?

If so, it could be a good cost-effective solution where an old piano is of
too mediocre a quality to merit rebushing and centring, but the owner
wants to squeeze a bit more time out of it before upgrading.

Best,

David.