[pianotech] Modified L Scale with 5 note transition

Jude Reveley (Absolute Piano) juderev at verizon.net
Thu May 28 12:17:16 MDT 2009

Here are the two versions I'm aware of:

Z=(d²NLf)/.02078 published by Jim Hayes
Z=d(NT(1+B))^0.5 published by Dave Roberts

Nice work David. I like your approach to the transitions, although like so
much else I would love to hear it to know for sure. This shape is very
classic (Hallet & Davis did this but added wound trichords instead of
bichords. I've got a few in the oven so I should have a better idea soon. My
first transitional bridge was on my first RC&S project that Ron Nossamon
designed for me about a year and a half ago. It's definitely an
exponentially better piano than anything I've ever done in that class and
turned me on to this wonderful world. Thanks Ron.

Are you throwing in Z-bars and radial rib arrays on all the pianos you add
transitions too?

I've asked this a few times before, but what version of calculating
inharmonicity are you all using?

Finally, how do you attach a graph onto an email?

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545